Now the work begins.
Whether you are on board with change already, or you have yet to join the movement, this radio program is for you. Because I know you and I know that your heart is in it. I know that:
You feel hope. You want change.
"This victory along is not the change we seek. It is only the chance for us to make that change. And that cannot happen if we go back to the way things were."
- Barack Obama, November 4, 2008
What is your commitment?- Barack Obama, November 4, 2008
The challenge is clear: Change from the bottom up. Yes, we can. The reason that we are where we are today is because of the effort and commitment of millions of people, but nothing different is going to happen because we elected a new president.
Now we, you and me, have the chance to make the change happen. I will go a step further, because we do not just have the chance, we have made the commitment and now it is time to honor that commitment.
"It can't happen without you, without a new spirit of service, a new spirit of sacrifice."
- Barack Obama, November 4, 2008
- Barack Obama, November 4, 2008
I ask you to not let me be complacent. And I ask you to make the same request of me.
What is your commitment? I want to know.
Sunday night, from 8 to 9 pm PSDT I am hosting a radio program. My first powerful request to you is to listen and join in. My goal is for 50 people to tune in and I hope there are 200. My second powerful request of you is to get 2 people you know to listen also.
Change begins right now. Lets make our dream happen.
"But above all, I will never forget who this victory truly belongs to. It belongs to you. It belongs to you."
- Barack Obama, November 4, 2008
- Barack Obama, November 4, 2008
I believe the victory by Barack Obama is a call to action for all Americans. I know that many of you gave time, energy and money to the Obama campaign. I know that many of you were rooting for John McCain. But, I believe everyone realizes the need to do things differently.
Whatever you stand for now is the time. Honor your word. Keep your commitment. You must, right now, today, this instant, in any way you know, with courage, with humility, with love and support, and with passion create the change that is in your heart.
Here is where you will find the radio program where we will begin to make it happen:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/playhuge/2008/11/10/Yes-we-can
Playing Huge.
morgan
1 comment:
Name: Morgan Rich
Date: November 9, 2008
Stand: I stand for continuing this radio program; creating another one directed at young people; and communicating with local radio stations (OPB & KBOO) to see what I can create.
Timeline: I will create/continue the 2 radio programs by December 1, 2008. I will communicate with the local radio stations by December 15, 2008.
Action Steps: Keep on creating and promoting "Yes, we can...yes, we are". Choose time & focus for next program.
Create and use connections at the local stations to create a relationship with them.
Support Community: You. Marcy. Britany.
Post a Comment